What should I do if I am in a car accident? 2019-02-26T12:50:58-04:00

What should I do if I am in a car accident?

No matter how minor or severe the accident seems to be, you should report it to the police immediately. Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident, or the circumstances preceding it.  Also, ask the police officer who responds to your call for a copy of the driver exchange information form.

Make no statements to anyone at the accident scene except for the police officer – anything you say could be used in the lawsuit if you decide to initiate one.

It’s also vital that you call your insurance agent and insurance company right away — a failure to report your accident could result in your insurance company denying payment on your claims.

If you feel you have been injured as a result, even if just a “minor” injury, contact a personal injury lawyer right away.


For your FREE CASE EVALUATION, fill in the form below (all fields are required), and click the box marked Send This Message.